Let me start by saying that I don’t believe for one second that the world is ending on Saturday night. I didn’t know anything about this until a few days ago. I don’t know who came up with this idea, or how they came up with it. What I do know is that we all thought that the world was ending on 01/01/2000, and we spent an entire year preparing. Nothing happened. Am I really supposed to believe this theory that just surfaced last week.? I’ll pass.
On to my thoughts for the day.
1. Men should stop thinking that all women are naive and clueless. We’re not. Many of us see exactly what you men are doing and recognize your true intentions. We just play along with your antics in order to get what we want out of the deal.
2. Days off from work are usually when most people take care of personal tasks. They make a list and hammer through it because there is never enough time on work days. Not I. I am the least productive on the days that I don’t have to work. Maybe it is because these days are few and far between. I am a bum, whose intentions are good. I make a list, check it twice, and proceed to do lots of nothing. At the end of the day, I take my to-do list and divvy the tasks between the days where I only work one job. I have a problem.
3. The rainy days are finally coming to an end. The sun is coming out and the heat is on. I plan on spending as much time as possible outdoors. The sunlight needs to nurture my skin. It’s been deprived for far too long. I have to admit, I’m still anti-sunscreen. It’s gross and chalky, makes me look ashy and makes me itch. I have enough skin issues that make me itch and I do not like adding things to that equation.
4. I don’t like grown people who still expect to be taken care of. Like, where did you get the idea that everyone around you is supposed to pay for your life? I really wish I had someone to pay for things when I needed. My life would be so much easier.
5. I hope my Daddy keeps that picture I sent him of me with straight hair, because he won’t be getting another one for a very long time. Let’s talk about the clusterfuck on top of my head right now. I can’t get back curly to save my poor lil life!! I haven’t had straight hair in almost 4 years. The one time I decide to be adventurous, and shit hits the fan!! I’m about a day and a half away from cutting it all off again. It better get it together and curl. I’m almost at my breaking point, and I look like a shaggy head pickaniny. I have no qualms about being bald. I did it before. I’ll do it again.
Thank God it’s Friday. I live for Fridays. They always include hoodrat things with my friends. Nevermind the fact that I always have to work bright and early Saturday morning. With that said, tonight I shall make memories.